When you are busy, you just don’t have the time to spend on long, unproductive phone calls. Use these phrases to keep phone calls under 10 minutes:
- “I have only eight minutes to discuss this.”
- “My next appointment is waiting.”
- “I’d like to discuss this at length with you, but before we proceed, would you please send me a detailed written description of all your points to be sure I have them right?”
- “I don’t have much time. What’s your No. 1 issue right now?”
- “What should our next step be?”
— Adapted from 101 Productive Things to Do in Ten Minutes or Less, Columbia Books, http://www.practicalbusinesstraining.com.