Quickly identify whether your team is on track to succeed. If all these statements are true, you’re in good shape:
- “We do our work well.” Your team should regularly produce quality work on time.
- “Teamwork is common.” If team members don’t regularly assist each other, that may signal either a need for cross training or problems with their relationships.
- “Customers are happy.” Whether you serve outsiders or another department, you must satisfy those people with your work and your attitude.
- “My boss is pleased.” Your boss’ satisfaction shows that the team is contributing to the organization’s success.
– Adapted from “What Are Your Team’s Vital Signs?” Wally Bock’s Three Star Leadership Blog, http://blog.threestarleadership.com.